Here you will find the steps for re-installing the newest version of the Phish reporter Outlook add-in. To prevent any configuration issues please follow all the steps in the guide.
Re-Install the Phish Reporter (desktop version)
1. Uninstall the current version of the reporter.
- Navigate to your Apps and features settings then search Reporter.
- Select the Phish Reporter and click Uninstall.
- Once this has been completed, the Phish Reporter Outlook add-in has successfully been uninstalled.
2. Delete the old configuration file.
- The default location is %user%\AppData\Roaming\Phish Reporter, however, it can vary based on the 'Log and configuration location' settings you specified in the portal. If you selected a 'Custom' location, the config file should be in the location.
- The default location for the previous version of the add-in was %userprofile%\Documents\Phriendly Phishing\SCAM Reporter"
- In this location, please delete the OutlookAddinConfig.bin file as seen below:
Alternatively, for the previous version, it will look like this.
3. The registry keys must be removed before reinstalling the Phish Reporter.
- To remove the registry keys, Open the Registry Editor application.
- Delete the folder in this location: "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Phish Reporter"
- The previous version may be "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Phriendly Phishing"
4. You have successfully removed all Outlook Add-in settings and you can follow the Install Phish Reporter (Desktop) Guide to finish re-install the reporter.
Note: This guide is to reinstall it on a single machine. If you are deploying these steps across your organisation your approach will vary depending on your internal company system. However, it is important to remove these files from this location.
Explore Phriendly Phishing's award-winning course catalogue here!