Here you will find the steps for re-installing the newest version of the SCAM reporter Outlook add-in.
Note: To prevent any configuration issues please follow all the steps in the guide.
Re-Install the SCAM reporter (desktop version)
1. Uninstall the current version of the reporter.
- Navigate to your Apps and features settings then searching Reporter.
- Select the S.C.A.M. Reporter and click Uninstall.
Once this has been completed, the SCAM reporter Outlook add-in has successfully been uninstalled.
2. Next, you will need to delete the old configuration file. This is done by,
- The default location is "%userprofile%\Documents\Phriendly Phishing\SCAM Reporter" however it can vary based on the Outlook Add-in settings you specified in the portal. If you selected a 'Custom' for the location it will be found there.
In this location, there will be 2 files shown below. Please delete the OutlookAddinConfig.bin
3. Next before reinstalling the SCAM reporter is removing the registry keys.
- To remove the registry keys you will need to open the Registry Editor application.
- Then delete the folder in this location "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Phriendly Phishing"
4. You have successfully removed all Outlook Add-in settings and you can following the Install SCAM Reporter (Desktop) Guide to finish re-install the reporter.
Note: This guide is to reinstall it on a single machine. If you are deploying these steps across your organisation your approach will vary depending on your internal company system. However, it is important to remove these files from this location.