The Phriendly Phishing S.C.A.M Reporter provides a simple way for staff members to report potential phishing and scam emails easily with one click.
- Easy to identify if the reported email is a Phriendly Phishing email sent to the individual
- Provide a custom experience to reassure your staff they are correctly identifying phishing emails
- One-click to report the phishing email to an internal email address of your choosing (e.g. your service desk)
The system can be configured individually as per the installation guide below, or can be installed using your preferred Group Policy installation techniques.
Installation and feature requirements
The S.C.A.M Reporter Outlook add-in supports Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 in both 32bit & 64bit.
Both the S.C.A.M Reporter executable file and the configuration file are required to activate the add-in.
The below are required but can be installed during the set up after the executable has been run.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
- 100MB of free disk space
How to install the SCAM reporter (desktop version)
1. Go to the Outlook Add-in tab located in the left-hand side of your dashboard
2. Now that you are in the Outlook Settings page, fill in the mandatory fields with your company details. A description of each setting is displayed for your convenience.
3. Once you have filled in your details you will need to generate your S.C.A.M Reporter configuration file. To do this click ‘Generate’ and save the ‘OutlookAddinConfig.bin’ file when prompted. This file will be used later in the guide.
4. Download the installer.
5. Run the S.C.A.M Reporter executable.
6. S.C.A.M Reporter may need to install additional software, as mentioned in the Requirements. Follow the prompts to install .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office. Alternatively, if you have the required software installed skip to step 12.
7. To install .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime click Next.
8. Read through the EULA and accept the terms before clicking Install.
9. Click Finish.
10. Read through the EULA and accept the terms before clicking Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. The S.C.A.M Reporter installation process will now begin. Click Next when prompted.
13. Read through the EULA and accept the terms before clicking Next.
14. Take note of the destination folder that you specify. This path will be used later in the guide. Click Next.
15. Click Install.
16. A security warning will appear. Confirm that you want to continue with the install by clicking Yes.
17. Click Finish.
17. Copy the ‘OutlookAddinConfig.bin’ file, created in step 3, into the destination folder specified in Installation Step 14. When prompted, click ‘Replace the file in the destination folder’.
18. Restart your Outlook client.
You have now installed the S.C.A.M Reporter. This will be available in the Home Ribbon in Microsoft Outlook.