The S.C.A.M reporter Outlook Add-in allows your staff to easily report a phishing email. This feature offers a customisable user experience and branding options.
There are two versions of the S.C.A.M reporter Outlook Add-in. Log into your Zendesk account to view the installation guides for:
How to set up the S.C.A.M reporter in the Phriendly Phishing
Note: you can only edit these options once it has been installed in your account.
Go to the Outlook Add in tab on the left hand side of your dashboard.
Note: If this it not visible please contact support@phriendlyPhishing.com
There are 4 steps to complete the setup of the user experience.
1. In General Information, provide an email address for reported phishing emails to be sent to.
Use a comma to separate the list of email addresses
Tick the check boxes for the following settings
- Send reported phishing emails the Phriendly Phishing SOC team to analysis
- Do NOT delete reported company email
2. In Custom message, select the user experience and enter the following content for custom messaging
Tick the check boxes for the following settings:
- To require staff to confirm if they want to report the phishing email before it sends.
- To disable the following tutorial message for staff once outlook is open for the first time after the add-in is deployed.
Note: This option can be disable by each user in their own settings.
The next options allow you to customise the message displayed after a user reports and email.
- Phriendly Phishing: Simulated phishing emails sent by Phriendly Phishing (This will not generate an email to the designated reporting email address)
- Non-Phriendly Phishing: Suspicious emails, possibly legitimate phishing emails. (This will generate an email to the designated reporting email address)
- Safe Emails: Emails listed as safe senders (usually from within your company). (This will generate an email to the designated reporting email address)
Note: By default there are no safe senders as this is defined on a company basis.
You can add a safe senders but entering a domain, IP or email by in one of the options at the top of the page.
3. In Log Location, is where you chose the log file for the reports to be generated in.
4. In S.C.A.M Reporter Outlook Ribbon and context menu settings, enter the text and select the image that will appear to staff in their Outlook inbox
The above input will display as below.
The options for the icon you'd like to display.
Once you have made the changes select save
Note: If the add-in is already deployed the changes will be applied when users restart outlook.