Azure Active Directory (AD) User synchronisation enables you to connect your Azure Active Directory to your Phriendly Phishing account. When an individual is configured in your AD then they will automatically synchronise this new staff member in your Phriendly Phishing account. This document describes how to synchronise Azure AD security groups to Phriendly Phishing. This will automate the process of adding or removing users into the portal.
Note: It is required to have an Azure Active Directory tenant. You will also be required to have a security group within Azure AD that contains all users that you would like to participate in Phriendly Phishing.
Note: There requires a change to be made by Phriendly Phishing before starting this process.
Please email email@example.com to inform us you would like to use Azure AD Synchronisation.
If this is not done you will receive the below error when login in at step 5.
How to Configure your Azure AD User Synchronisation
1. Log into your Phriendly Phishing account and click the settings cog icon located at the top right-hand side of the portal.
2. Select on User Synchronisation.
3. Click on the Azure radio button.
4. Click on Azure Synchronisation to expand the configuration options.
5. Click the Log in To Azure button.
6. You will now be redirected to Microsoft login page, please choose the account that you would like to use to login.
7. Phriendly Phishing require permissions to be able to sync your users successfully, please tick the consent on behalf of your organization box to continue.
8. Choose how often you would like Phriendly Phishing to sync with Azure AD.
9. Enter the name of the Azure AD security group that you would like to sync to your portal.
Note: It is crucial to have the correct name of the group for the sync to work, if the group isn't being identified there could be a ' ' (space) at the end of a group name.
10. Scroll down to the Search: box and tick any attributes that you would like to import into Phriendly Phishing.
11. Select your required attributes by dragging the attributes to the dashed-line boxes. Important: it is required that the Key attribute is an attribute in an email address format.
12. Save your configuration by clicking Save Settings.
You will now need to wait for the first user sync to finish. The sync will commence at the day and time selected in step 7 of this guide.
13. Now that the first sync has completed and if you have no pre-existing users within your Phriendly Phishing portal you can now safely set Azure Synchronisation to enabled.
Note: If you have pre-existing local users within the portal it is recommended that you carefully review the user synchronisation list, to do this please follow the Review Data instructions.
14. Read the warning prompt message and Click OK when you are ready to proceed.
15. Review the user remove list. Click the Sync Data From Azure button.
16. Your users will now be successfully synchronised to your portal, click Finish.
1. Under Azure Synchronisation scroll down to the Preview Sample List.
2. You can now download the pending synchronisation data in CSV format.
3. The Raw data CSV file shows each students email address, first name, last name and if their email address listed is valid. It also shows the total number of students.
4. The Preview processed data CSV file again shows each students email address, first name, last name and whether the student was Added, Updated, Removed or/and email is Invalid.
You have now successfully setup Azure AD User Sychronisation.