This is a user guide for using the Phish Reporter desktop version. This guide will take you through the user experience so you will know what to expect when using the desktop Phish Reporter and how to report a suspicious email.
1. Open Outlook on your desktop.
2. The first time Outlook is opened, a tutorial for the Phish Reporter will appear on the screen. Select the check box in the bottom left-hand corner if you do not want the tutorial to show each time you open Outlook.
How to report an email
1. Select the email that you would like to report:
2. Click the Phish Reporter icon in the Outlook ribbon or right-click and Select Report Phishing Email:
3. The first time reporting an email a confirmation pop-up will be displayed confirming your selection. If you do not want to see the confirmation each time you report an email, select the 'Do not show confirmation message'.
4. The email will be automatically moved to the Deleted email folder in Outlook.
5. A notification will appear confirming the email has been successfully reported.
You have successfully completed reporting an email.
Note: If you do not have a viewable reading pane enabled, the Phish Reporter will display as 'greyed out' until the email has been 'opened'.