If you're new to Phriendly Phishing or recently made changes within your existing infrastructure. It is important to ensuring IP and domain are whitelisted on your mail gateways to ensure Phriendly Phishing delivery and effective training.
The phishing campaigns are designed to give learners quick wins and more confidence by starting off with easy to identify phishing emails. Unfortunately, this also makes it easy for the anti-spam filters to identify them and render them ineffective.
There are three steps to provide the most effective training results
- Whitelist our Phriendly Phishing sending domains and IP addresses.
- Configure your settings dependent on your environment.
- Perform a test to ensure both have been successful.
IP Address and Domain Whitelisting
Note: The IP address 220.127.116.11 is only applicable for UK Customers only.
Whitelist these on any products that may block them such as mail gateways as well as adding them to the safe sender's list used by outlook. This can be done via group policy object (GPO). Also, ensure they are whitelisted for the domain and any possible sub-domains.
Perform a Whitelist Test
Once the IP and domain addresses have been whitelisted across all your internal mail gateway systems. We will want to test to ensure the delivery of our emails and links.
What is included in a whitelist test?
A set of test emails will be sent to the test email above. These will include:
- Sample phishing emails
- A notification email
- Training emails
- Reminder emails
How to schedule a whitelist test
Here you will learn how to send a demonstration test and Phriendly Phishing emails to certain email addresses to ensure the whitelisting is working correctly. The emails will be sent at the date and time selected.
1. In your Phriendly Phishing platform, select the drop-down tab Zones > Test Whitelisting.
*If any whitelisting tests have already been performed in your account, then they will be listed in this area.
2. Select New Test Whitelisting
3. To schedule a test for the future input details in the Start Date field. You can skip this step if you want to send out test emails now.
4. Confirm details in the Email Address Field and any additional email addresses
5. Keep all Email Categories selected. This is important because we want to make sure you and your staff will be able to receive any type of email we may send out in the platform.
6. Select Send Test Email Now or Create Test Whitelisting to schedule a test for the future.
7. When the whitelisting test emails have been scheduled they will appear in the list on the following screen. You can then select the edit icon to view more details.
This will display the list of emails that will be or have been sent. This list will include the email subject and who it is sent from. Please use this list to compare against the emails you received.
*Please confirm that 12 emails arrived in the test email account’s inbox and none went to the junk or spam inboxes.
*You can disregard any actions or requests in these emails as they are only a part of the whitelist test.
8. Once whitelisting has been confirmed with the above, you can be confident all emails will be delivered to you and your users.
If you come across any questions or concerns, please contact Phriendly Phishing support.
Explore Phriendly Phishing's award-winning course catalogue here!