The Phish Reporter allows your staff to easily report a phishing email. This feature offers a customisable user experience and branding options.
Note: The Phish Reporter tab will only appear once enabled in your zone, please contact Support@phriendlyphishing.com to enable the Phish Reporter.
There are two versions of the Phish Reporter. Log into your Zendesk account to view the installation guides for:
How to set up the Phish Reporter in the Phriendly Phishing
Once enabled, the Phish Reporter tab will appear on the right.
There are 4 steps to set up the Phish Reporter.
1. General Information
In the 'Report phishing emails to:' text box, input the email address you'd like the reported phishing emails to be sent to. Use a comma to separate the emails if you are entering multiple addresses.
Note: The nominated email address(es) will receive an email when a user reports a non-Phriendly Phishing email using the Phish Reporter
For the two checkboxes below:
- Send reported phishing emails to the Phriendly Phishing Security Operations Centre (SOC) for analysis.
- If checked, a copy of the reported email will also be sent to our internal CyberCX SOC for analysis, this analysis can be used to track trends or create new templates.
- Keep 'safe emails' in the inbox.
- If checked, when a user reports an email that is on the Safe Domain list/Safe IP List/Safe Email List, the email will not be deleted from the user's inbox.
2. Custom message
In this section, the custom message includes the following options;
- User confirmation is required before reporting the phishing email
- If checked, the following message will appear when a user reports an email.
Note: This gives the user the option to 'Don't Show this message again when it appears in their inbox.
- When Outlook is launched, stop showing Phish Reporter tutorial
- If checked, the following message will appear when a user reports an email
Note: These options can be disabled by each user in their own settings.
- Show the following message when the users report a Phriendly Phishing email:
- When a user reports a phishing email from Phriendly Phishing the message in the textbox will appear. By default, this is set to "Well done! You successfully identified and reported a Phriendly Phishing simulation email."
- The reporter will then remove the email from the inbox and will not generate an email to the designated reporting email address.
- Show the following message when the users report a non-Phriendly Phishing email:
- When a user reports any email that isn't from Phriendly Phishing or deemed a safe email, the message in the textbox will appear. By default, this is set to "Thank you for reporting this email to the security team."
- The reporter will then remove the email from the inbox and will generate an email to the designated reporting email address.
- Show the following message when the users report a safe email:
- When a user reports an email that is deemed safe due to being on the Safe Domain List/Safe IP List/Safe Email List, the message in the textbox will appear. By default this is set to "You've reported a genuine email from within your organization."
- The reporter will then remove the email from the inbox (this can be changed with the checkbox in General Information), but will not generate an email to the designated reporting email address.
To add a domain/IP/email address to a safe list, simply go to the correct tab and hit the '+ Add New" button.
3. Log Location
You are able to customize where the log file for the reports are generated.
4. Phish Reporter Outlook Ribbon and Context menu settings
Enter the text and select the image that will appear to staff in their Outlook inbox
The above input will display as below.
The options for the icon you'd like to display.
Once you have made the changes select save
Note: If the Phish Reporter is already deployed the changes will be applied when users restart outlook.