Each month, we share a customer newsletter to keep Phriendly Phishing administrators updated on the latest Phriendly Phishing news. Our newsletter includes upcoming cyber awareness campaigns, new features and training content, upcoming webinars and any other news important to you.
If you are not receiving this monthly newsletter, please check your company administrator email address is correct in your Admin tab and you will be included in the next newsletter.
Note: We pull this list monthly, so if you are a new company admin you will receive the next newsletter automatically.
See what you missed...
Cyber Security Awareness Month 2023 - Build a Strong Culture of Cyber Awareness
- Why Build a Cyber Awareness Culture
- Cyber Awareness Month Course Calendar
- CAM Userguide, Toolkit to Download, Learner Page
- Cyber Champions in the workplace - why they are important
Dive into Cyber Security and claim your 30 day free trial.
New features just added:
This month's newsletter highlights the need to Guard against Deepfakes!
- Watch our Deepfake Video!
- Learn How To Spot a Deepfake Scam with our Tip Sheet
- Upskill your Friends and Family with our new Phriends and Phamily Education Page
- Check your Phish Reporter health by running a phishing test
New Feature Reminder:
Don't forget to Register Here for our upcoming Dashboards & Reporting Webinar!
SCAM Update: We are excited to announce that effective from August 1st, we will be renaming the S.C.A.M series to better reflect the content and competency of the training. Read more here.
Email Templates : In the last year, we have created over 230 email templates for your organisation, increasing the levels of sophistication and spear phishing campaigns for you to use.
New Courses: In the last year alone, we've added a whopping 25 more courses for you to select from! These include 10 industry-based courses, 8 role-based courses, 7 general security courses and updated 14 courses. See more here. Please visit this knowledge base article on how to preview a course.
- Learning dashboard provides a summary of key training indicators across your security awareness training program.
- Phish Focus is a solution with built in automations to help you to detect and remediate real phishing threats that hit the inbox, within minutes. Save time and resources whilst keeping your organisation and people cyber safe.
- Training emails reply to streamlines the responses from your learners to your Service Desk when they have questions about their training courses.
Stay safe this End of Financial Year!
- Download your EOFY Toolkit
- Watch our recent Phish Focus Webinar
- Bridge LMS is now End of Life
- New Features - Executive Report, Extend Training Links, Unique Identifier
It's Privacy Awareness Week!
- View our course recommendations
- Download our privacy awareness week toolkit here
- Read our latest privacy blog: Safeguarding your organisation this privacy week
- Share the privacy awareness week resources with your employees using our "ready to send" email template
- Register for our Phish Focus Webinar
- New Email Templates
- 3 New Courses launched!
Visit our Easter Holidays page!
- Watch the replay of our Using Email Templates to Elevate your Phishing Simulation Webinar
- Our most popular Email Templates
- New Course Launches (and what's next)
- Add a "Reply To" email address for your training email templates
- Extend Training Links giving learners more time to complete trainings
Scammers are on the hunt! Stay Cyber Safe this Easter!
- Register to join our upcoming Webinar on Using Email Templates to Elevate your Phishing Simulation (Wednesday 29th March 2023)
- Watch our recent Compliance Culture webinar with Karina Mansfield, Managing Director of Phriendly Phishing
- Help your learners combat Easter email scams with our course selections
Keep your employees safe over Easter with our egg-cellent Interactive PDF and Employee Email
- Implement changes around the office with our Organisational Tip Sheet
Register to join our Compliance to Culture webinar with Karina Mansfield, Managing Director of Phriendly Phishing.
- New Training Courses Launched!
Ransomware - This course aims to educate learners in identifying, managing, reporting, and preventing Ransomware attacks
- Cyber Health: BEC - Health sector employees will discover simple, and highly effective email scams using malware or social engineering
- Cyber Retail: Removable Media Security - Ensure your retail staff understand and are aware of their responsibility of having access to removable media devices and their impact on the organisation.
- Cyber Health: Ransomware - This course aims to educate health sector learners in identifying, managing, reporting, and preventing Ransomware attacks.
- Watch our Year in Review for 2022 Phriendly Phishing recap!
Data Privacy Week (January 22 – 28, 2023) is an annual campaign with the goal of educating individuals and organisations about the importance of online privacy. Learn how your organisation can get involved with Data Privacy Week and take advantage of our helpful training and free resources for your employees. Click on the campaign kit in the January newsletter here
12 Days of Phishmas - share the holiday-friendly cyber awareness campaign with your organisation!
- Unique Identifier: Company administrators can now set the unique identifier of your learners to the unique ID in your Active Directory instead of the email address. This allows Phriendly Phishing to automatically update learners if their email address changes.
- Tag Management: Allows you to categorise email templates and training courses by locale or theme. This will allow you to exclude locales from your ongoing phishing simulations if your company doesn't have learners in those locations.
- Phish reporter: Learners can report phishing emails from a shared inbox.
- Password-less company administrator access: By using Muti-Factor Authentication (MFA) you can streamline your login experience and update notifications.
- FAQ: Learners experiencing issues with training courses.
- Active Directory Unique Identifier: set the unique identifier of your learners to the unique ID in your Active Directory instead of the email address. This allows Phriendly Phishing to automatically update learners if their email address changes.
- Tag Management: categorise email templates and training courses by locale and theme.
- Extend training links: allow learners more time to complete training courses by default. We recommended extending expiry links for a minimum of 4 weeks.
October - Cyber Security Awareness Month is here!
Cyber tip sheets from the Cyber Security Intelligence Agency.
Australian theme: Have you been hacked?
New Zealand theme: Get Cyber Smart
Prepare your employees and organisation with the tools to reduce the risk of a data breach. Download the following tip sheets to help support your organisation.
- 6 ways to improve your organisation's cyber resilience.
- As an individual - protect yourself from a data breach.
- How to deal with suspicious phone calls.
- As a business leader, here are 3 conversations you should be having about data.
- New Features Webinar: Register to join on 9 August 12 pm AEST
- Feedback Request: On 15th August, keep your eyes out for an email from email@example.com to participate in our survey.
- Meet the Customer Success Team
- Suzanne Robson, based in Adelaide looking after customer with over 1000 learners
- Lucy Ford, based in Melbourne looking after our customers with 250-999 learners
- Angelo Villanueva, based in Auckland looking after customers with less than 250 learners
- Roneel Datt, based in Auckland looking after NZ-based customers and resellers
- New Training Courses Launched!
- Operational Technology (OT) Awareness: this course helps your teams discover the importance of implementing situational awareness to maintain cyber hygiene when working remotely.
Cloud Security Awareness: This course helps your employees understand the risks associated with cloud computing and offers tips on securing data when using the cloud.
- New Training Courses: Preview and schedule new courses
- The Executive Security Awareness course helps executives learn about the most common types of security threats including Business Email Compromise (BEC), risks associated with using their own device and Shadow IT and how to mitigate them.
- The Operational Technology Awareness course is designed to help your teams discover the importance of implementing situational awareness to maintain cyber hygiene when working remotely and using their own device.
- Admins can now schedule same-day spear-phishing campaigns
Phish Reporter Enhancements
We are updating the Phish Report to identify our Phriendly Phishing training emails. When a learner reports our training emails through the Phish Reporter it will now provide a custom message for training emails and keep emails in the inbox instead of deleting them.
- O365 + G-suite versions: This change will update dynamically, so no action is required to start using this change. If you’d like to customise the messaging to your learners, you can do this from the Phish Reporter Settings which will also update dynamically.
- Desktop version: If you wanted this enhancement you would need to reinstall the newest version. If you wanted to customise the messaging to your users you can do this from the Phish Reporter Settings and should be done before downloading the new configuration file.
This change will be deployed next Monday 18th July between 20:00-21:00 AEST.
- New Training Courses: Preview and schedule new courses now
General Security Awareness: Aimed at your whole staff, this course will give your teams the rundown of what makes scammers tick, including the psychological and security weaknesses they exploit.
Information Security for HR and Finance: Aimed at your HR and Finance departments, this course will update your teams on the best ways to keep sensitive information secure in the current threat landscape.
- Latest features: Phish reporter, Azure SCIM provisioning, Impact report, Spear Phishing - URL redirect, Smart Groups Enhancements.
- Register for our upcoming New Features Customer Webinar on 29 April at 10 am AEST
- Australian Government tax deductions
- Safety by Design
- New Features: Improvements to Phish Reporter for Office 365 and Google Workspace, Azure SCIM provisioning, Azure SCIM Single Sign On, Add a custom landing page for spear-phishing campaigns
- National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence
- New Phriendly Phishing Managing Director, Karina Mansfield
- New features: Azure SCIM provisioning, Azure SSO admins, and customise micro lesson page.
- Housekeeping Webinar
- New Features: Spearphishing templates, high-risk learners report, comparison report and auto increase sophistication.
- Cyber Security Awareness Month
- New Features: Impact report, spearphishing templates, and new training course - NZ Privacy Act.